Get more attention, faster, at UnityPoint Health-Pekin Emergency Care.
When you need fast medical care, trust UnityPoint Health - Pekin's Emergency Unit, providing state-of-the-art treatment and an excellent nurse-to-patient ratio just minutes away.
An average waiting time of less than 30 minutes means you get immediate medical attention, plus the confidence of being seen by highly trained healthcare professionals in the most comfortable environment.
More than a hospital emergency room, this is a patient-friendly, medically advanced, full-scale Emergency Unit with special features including:
- Accredited as an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics by the State of Illinois
- Resuscitation equipment for all ages of pediatric patients
- Three cardiac exam rooms and special training in heart attack and stroke
- Specialty exam room for Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat patients
- Private exam rooms with real walls (instead of curtains)
- Meditation room in a quiet area
- Large, comfortable lobby area
- Separate entrances for the public and for ambulances
- Centrally located nurses' station with direct lines of sight to the trauma, cardiac and acute care wound areas
For more information or to contact the Emergency Unit, call (309) 353-0430. In emergency situations, please
What can you tell me about the emergency staff?
They're a team of experts genuinely dedicated to you. Every independent physician is specially trained and Board-certified. All members of the nursing staff receive certification in CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, EKG interpretation, Trauma Nurse Core Course and Pediatric Advanced Life Support or Emergency Nursing for Pediatrics Course.
What if my condition is not as serious?
Pekin UrgentCare is conveniently located close by for minor, prompt medical care and healthcare management.
What parking is available at the emergency unit?
You'll find ample free parking right outside the Emergency Unit doors, making it easy and convenient to get
urgent medical treatment.